Sunday, April 29, 2012

damn wind

Hi Folks, guided yesterday with a repeat spin angler and we were stymied by the wind.  We had planned to take out my boat and fish for northern pike.  With a steady wind from the NW at 15mph to 25mph the boat was out of the question.  Nice sunny day but the air temperatures never surpassed 50 degrees.  The river we ended up wading was a cool 45 degrees and extremely clear.  We could still use some rain as our rivers are low for this time of the year and the snow pack has pretty much melted away.  I did see a few #14/#16 Hendrickson hatching late in the day yesterday, but no fish responding.   We were casting spoons ans smelt imitation plugs.  We did manage to hook 1 decent jumping wild rainbow.  Otherwise the fishing was pretty slow.  I have to remind myself that it is only the end of April and the best fishing is yet to come.  I will on the Lamoille this afternoon.  Remember to clean your gear and keep the non-native species at home.  Have Fun, Willy