Saturday, September 14, 2013

much needed rain

Hi Folks, I am sorry that I have not been able to post fishing reports lately.  My 19 month daughter is in the hospital battling an illness.  She will recover.  Family first and fishing has not been a priority.  I am sorry to clients I was unable to guide these past days.  Anyway, we finally received some badly needed rain that puffed up our streams and it will take a couple of days for the Winooski and Lamoille to clear up and come down.  Tributary streams will be fine to fish just a bit high.  The rain will shuffle the deck and prompt movements form fish like brown trout, landlocked salmon, and brook trout.  All fall spawners.  I am guiding today out of the boat for smallmouth and northern pike.  Love this time of year for fishing as things cool off.  Really triggers a response from fish and the bite should be awful good.  Well I will do my best to keep people up to date as to what I see on the water, but my reports might be sporadic as our family helps our child recover.  Remember to clean your equipment and keep the non-native species at home.  Have Fun, Willy